The official GRBL wiki now includes instructions to flash GRBL with the Arduino IDE.
We have created an Arduino Library of the popular GRBL g-code Interpreter. A great little application that turns your Arduino into a very capable CNC machine.
This library makes it so much easier to install GRBL onto your Arduino. No more issues with making HEX files or trying to find a way to upload the Hex file to your board. Simply install the library and open the right example sketch for your Arduino.
How to install it:
- Down load the library from GitHub : https://github.com/Protoneer/GRBL-Arduino-Library/archive/master.zip
- Unzip the library and copy the main folder into the “Libraries” folder in the folder you installed your Arduino software. Eg. C:\arduino-1.0.3\libraries\
- Rename the folder to “GRBL”. (This will stop the Arduino IDE from complaining about the long folder name)
- Open up the Arduino IDE.
- Click on the following menu : File -> Examples – > GRBL (or what ever you renamed the folder to) -> ArduinoUno
- Upload the sketch to you Arduino UNO board.
If you are interested in the source code, its available at https://github.com/Protoneer/GRBL-Arduino-Library
UPDATE!!! We have given back to the GRBL project and developed a ARDUINO CNC SHIELD that is 100% GRBL compatible.(Click here for more details)