Cellular made easy – Add GSM/3G support to your Arduino/Raspberry Pi/BeagleBone projects
Chris Higgins at SparqEE has come up with a simple development board[CELLv1.0] that can give your projects cellular capabilities.
So what can you actually do with it? Well,I can think of lots of things:
- Add an off-grid internet connection to your home automation system. Great for burglar alarms that need independent internet connections.
- Start your own Rover missions. By combining this with a quadcoper or a remote-control robot you will be able to run them from anywhere in the world.
- Build an automated SMS system that can send SMS alerts. Would be easy to add it to a 3d Printer that can SMS you as soon as it’s done or if it runs out of filament.
- Movement tracking system. Combine this with a GPS unit (have a look at Piksi with its 1cm accuracy), a few motion sensors and you can build a system that tracks a driver’s behavior. Good for transport companies that want to analyze where shipments get stuck. You can even use it as a rating system for bus drivers. (The motion sensors will tell you if they are driving like hooligans or even if they were in an accident )
- LOTS MORE IDEAS WHERE THOSE CAME FROM!!! 🙂
The Video below explains a bit more…