The Raspberry Pi is a very versatile mini-computer. It has a bunch of General Purpose Input Output (GPIO) pins.
The image below shows the pin layout and there uses.
- Raspberry Pi UART : pin 14 and 15
- Raspberry Pi SPI : Pin 7 , 8 ,9 ,10 and 11
- Raspberry Pi I2C : Pin 0 and 1
We recommend the following books if you are interested in the Raspberry Pi:
- Getting Started with Raspberry Pi (Make: Projects) by Matt Richardson and Shawn Wallace
- Raspberry Pi For Dummies By Sean McManus and Mike Cook
- Programming the Raspberry Pi: Getting Started with Python By Simon Monk