We are happy to announce the next generation of our CNC boards.
By combining a real-time CNC system (good old GRBL) and offloading less timely processes to a more powerful processor + operating system we have created a much more flexible but capable solution.
To show some of the possibilities we have created a Web / Browser app to allow users to remotely control their CNC machines. (Welcome to the Internet-Of-Things)
The app code also includes a working example on how to expand your ecosystem by taking advantage of what we call the “Command Router” and “Single Command Mode” system. It allows us to add custom commands that can execute a shell command, one command at a time without getting buffered / queued in GRBL.
Custom command examples:
- Simple – Send Email Notifications / Flash a warning light / Play a warning sound / Switch on a relay.
- Moderate – Wait for external inputs like temperature, safety switches to clear before moving to the next command.
- Complex – CNC Clustering, combining CNC machines to form a pipeline of operations like in a moving assembly line.
- For updates on how this board is progressing please subscribe to our CNC Board Mailing list : Raspberry Pi / Arduino CNC boards – Mailing List
- The Raspberry Pi CNC web interface is available from GitHub : Raspberry Pi CNC Web Interface
- We have a few of these boards available : Raspberry Pi CNC Boards – Online Store
- Wiki page with setup details : Raspberry Pi CNC Board Wiki
- Quick Start Guide
Raspberry Pi CNC Board – Gallery: