We have created an Arduino Library of the popular GRBL g-code Interpreter. A great little application that turns your Arduino into very capable CNC machine.
This library makes it so much easier to install GRBL onto your Arduino. No more issues with making HEX files or trying to find a way to upload the Hex file to your board. Simply install the library and open the right example sketch for your Arduino.
How to install it:
- Down load the library from GitHub : https://github.com/Protoneer/GRBL-Arduino-Library/archive/master.zip
- Unzip the library and copy the main folder into the “Libraries” folder in the folder you installed your Arduino software. Eg. C:\arduino-1.0.3\libraries\
- Rename the folder to “GRBL”. (This will stop the Arduino IDE from complaining about the long folder name)
- Open up the Arduino IDE.
- Click on the following menu : File -> Examples – > GRBL (or what ever you renamed the folder to) -> ArduinoUno
- Upload the sketch to you Arduino UNO board.
If you are interested in the source code, its available at https://github.com/Protoneer/GRBL-Arduino-Library