Putty is a very useful application that can be used to connect to serial ports and Secure Shell(SSH) to Raspberry Pi’s.
Putty is mostly used on Windows to connect to remote devices but it can also run on a Raspberry Pi.
Steps to installing Putty on a Raspberry Pi:
- Open a terminal/shell window on your Raspbery Pi and run the following command:
sudo apt-get install putty -y
- After the installation Putty should appear in the menu bar under the ‘Other’ menu.
Now that Putty has been installed you can use it to connect to all kinds of devices. I use it to connect to GRBL from my Raspberry Pi.
We recommend the following books if you are interested in the Raspberry Pi:
- Programming the Raspberry Pi: Getting Started with Python By Simon Monk
- Getting Started with Raspberry Pi (Make: Projects) by Matt Richardson and Shawn Wallace
- Raspberry Pi For Dummies By Sean McManus and Mike Cook